PowderTAG measures powder coating thickness before and after cure, non-contact and non-destructive.
A sophisticated combination of specific powder-, infrared- and photo-thermal techniques measures the thickness of powder coatings in pre-cured and cured status, precise and reproducible.
- Save on powder consumption!
- Save on rework and reject!
- Improve efficiency!
- Improve quality!
PowderTAG is a non-contact production tool, developed for use at the paint-line. Because the PowderTAG’s pulse does not need to be perpendicular, and has a small measuring spot, the PowderTAG is very suitable to accurately determine the layer thickness on small, curved or hard to reach objects. Even on wire frames or small corners and edges. A LED pointer assists in determining the correct distance and location.
Due to the non-contact measuring principle parts can be tested on a slow moving line without damaging the coating. For higher line speeds it is recommended to remove the part of the line via a bypass or stop the line.
- Easy to operate. Just point the probe at the surface at the right distance (LED-Pointers will indicate the correct distance / location) and press the “measure” button.
- Measures any form, shape and dimension. Including wire frames or edges.
- Large measuring range, up to 300 µm
- Extremely accurate
- Measures on any metal substrate such as steel and aluminium
- Suitable for uncured and cured powder coatings